Sunday, September 10, 2006

Boston

It's been a week in Boston now and almost everyday has been a bit disorienting and weird. Boston was home for 5 years and to come back to a place after leaving just 3 months ago meant things hadn't changed at all. Almost all my friends are still around and almost all of them are doing the same things. The main problem was that since most of them are in grad school or postdocs, they were all busy with the beginning of the semester. Before reaching Boston I'd emailed most of them and gotten myself invited for dinner to a different home each night. Met some other people for lunch and drinks later at night and felt like my social live was on steroids.

Being a bum, I hung around Cambridge a lot and went to my some of favourite haunts and spent a lot of time just reading, writing and surfing. My favourite spot is the 3rd floor of the Harvard Coop and sitting on the chairs which overlook the square with a few books is a great way to spend 4-5 hours. Other than that, I spent most of the day in some of the cafes in davis square. Never went there in the middle of the week in the mornings so it was pretty quiet and not busy unlike the weekends.





Leaving for New York on Sunday, Philly on Monday and then flying out to London on Tuesday. Greyhound has kept me going up and down the east coast.

2 comments:

Kochukandhari said...

Are you just travelling or is there a destination at some point?

bandafbab said...

Both. I'm travelling on *work* but don't have a fixed destination. Read my next post for more details.