Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Leaving Paris

Unfortunately, it's time to leave. For the 3rd time in less than 12 months I'm leaving a place which has felt like home. I was so comfortable here and it's hard to believe that it was only 3 months. The only reassuring part is that due to a bureaucratic screwup, I have the option of coming back for another 2-3 month stint later this year.

Am taking the Eurostar to London and will be there for 4 days and in spite of being unemployed and no job in hand, have quite a few things to do while I'm there - attend a seminar, meet my former advisor, figure out possible job options after Rio, get the final visa stamped and, of course, hang out with friends - a lot of whom have moved to London in the last 2-3 years.

For the next 2 months, I'll be back on the road travelling a lot till I reach Rio sometime in early May. I have enough clothes to last me for a week and only 2-3 books. As a result, my backpack is now considerably lighter than it was when I left Regensburg so travelling will be easier.

No comments: