1) Brazil finally played up to the hype they've been getting. Ronaldo scored twice but still looks very lethargic and he's being carried by the rest of the team. Robinho, who's subbed for Ronaldo twice, looks fantastic and is clearly a star on the rise. But the man who controls the team is Ronaldinho. He's a midfield general in the mould of Zico and Socrates and his dribbling, passing and shots on goal are a joy to watch. As his is enjoyment of the game with that toothy grin. Ghana will have a tough time against them but if they play without any fear (like the match against Czech republic) it'll be a great game to watch.
2) When did all the footballers start wearing white shoes? I remember Beckham and a few others in the last world cup wearing those awful looking shoes but not too many. Black shoes (or spikes) always seemed more in tune with a tough game. With those knee-length white socks they look even more wimpish. Or like retired 70 yr olds in Florida.
3) There's an Indian presence in the world cup - Vikash Dhorasoo. Though he plays for France and comes on as a substitute only.
4) I still haven't seen a great curling free kick goal. A lot of them have come close but none which leaves everyone (including the goalkeeper) open-mouthed.
5) Fifa's clamped down on hard fouls but still nothing on the fake injuries. De Rossi's been banned for 4 games.